Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow have just landed on the number one spot of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of Oct. 23. After spending several weeks looming the top spot of the top 10, they finally made it happen thanks to two new versions of the song that contributed to a total number of 23 million streams last week.
Everything else on the top 10 stays pretty much the same except for a one-spot shift for almost every song. Drake’s ‘Knife Talk’ featuring 21 Savage and Project Pat did fall out of the top 10 as Ed Sheeran’s single ‘Shivers’ appears for the first time on the number 10 spot.
It is interesting to note that most new releases over the last few weeks have made a one-off appearance on the top 10 and are quickly dropped down again by most of these songs. For example, ‘My Universe’ by Coldplay and BTS spent a sole week at number one before dropping out of sight. It is currently at number 12 on the chart dated Oct. 16. Will this be the case for Adele’s new song ‘Easy On Me’ once the chart for that week appears next week, or will the chart giant hold on to her usual power once again?
Billboard Hot 100 for the week dated Oct. 23
- ‘Industry Baby’ by Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow
- ‘Stay’ by The Kid LAROI and Justin Bieber
- ‘Fancy Like’ by Walker Hayes
- ‘Bad Habits’ by Ed Sheeran
- ‘Way 2 Sexy’ by Drake ft. Future and Young Thug
- ‘good 4 u’ by Olivia Rodrigo
- ‘Kiss Me More’ by Doja Cat ft. SZA
- ‘Levitating’ by Dua Lipa
- ‘Essence’ by Wizkid ft. Justin Bieber and Tems
- ‘Shivers’ by Ed Sheeran